Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's All Black and White: My First Attempt at Nail Art


As a little girl, I use to watch artist Bob Ross's show Saturday mornings on PBS. He would paint the most beautiful landscapes using the same techniques over and over again. It looked so easy and I was inspired to create my own masterpieces. But of course, nothing it as easy as it looks, and after spending a few minutes painting I would quit, frustrated and impatient that I couldn't magically become an amazing artist.

Well, I'm still definitely not a painter or an artist of any kind, but I do appreciate amazing nail art. Thankfully, for non-arty people like me, we have nail stickers and manicurists that do all the hard work for us. Yesterday, however, I decided to try a hand at nail art, and this is how it turned out.

I bought some artificial nails from Wal Mart since my nails aren't very long and not the easiest things to paint. I applied two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White nail polish and then drew the black lines with an I Love Nail Art in Black. I definitely should have cleaned up the edges of my nails before taking this picture but I was so afraid of messing them up, I took the picture right after they were finished. This morning I woke up to find that some of the lines had faded. Note to self: always add a top coat!

So, do you like nail art? Or do you prefer simple nails? Let me know with your comments. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment