Thursday, June 12, 2014

Overalls: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?

Overalls: it's a touchy subject. Some people love them, others hate them. Just when you thought that the boy bands (Was it 98 Degrees or N'SYNC that wore them?) of the late '90s and early '00s were the last to flaunt this trend, boom! Here it is again. But this time I think, better than ever.

I'll admit it. I myself have a love-hate relationship with overalls, mainly because I'm afraid if I wear them I'll look like I stepped out of a Salt-N-Pepa music video. The secret I think is to do one of two things: wear a distressed pair of overalls and rock the "I just woke up" kind of look or go all out and pair your overalls with high fashion accessories. 

Overall Obsession

Overalls come in variety of fabrics, colors and designs so make your overall look your own! Maybe pair a dark denim style with black boots or use a fun print (like the Tropical Ride Overalls above) as a swimsuit cover up. Don't have overalls? You could DIY a pair by buying a really inexpensive pair from your local Goodwill, Salvation Army or thrift shop and cutting the legs into shorts or distressing them yourself.

So, what do you think of overalls? Love 'em or hate 'em? Let me know in the comments section below. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment