Sunday, April 12, 2015

How I Feel About My March Birchbox...3 Weeks Later


This post is coming a little late since I received my April Birchbox yesterday, but I thought I'd share my products with you anyway since I liked the variety of products I received this month.

When I opened my box I realized that there were only four products and five were listed on the information card you get with every package. I messaged Birchbox, told them my Embryolisse 24-Hour Miracle Cream didn't come in the box and within 48 hours I received a message back. They still had some of the cream samples in stock so within a few days I received another package with the sample in it. From the time I messaged them to the time I received the sample was only about seven days so Birchbox's customer service, based on my experience, is pretty darn good.

Here's the rundown on what I received this month:
  • I had heard of the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave in Conditioner (Full-size, $21.95) before but had never had the chance to try it. I love that, like a lot of Birchbox products, this one wears a lot of different hats: it detangles hair, protects it against heat damage, and it smells really good. I found myself applying it as a leave-in conditioner after I wash my hair and as a heat protectant before I curl my hair for the most part. 
  • Like the leave in conditioner the Embryolisse 24-Hour Miracle Cream (Full-size, $16-28) is supposed to be a multipurpose product--a primer, moisturizer, and makeup remover. Since I received it a little later than my other products I haven't played with it as much yet, but I have been applying it before I apply my foundation. It makes my skin feel silky smooth, but it's definitely not a "heavy duty" lotion, so when my skin is really dry I have to use a different moisturizer.
  • I had never used any kind of highlighter other than the powder kind before I tried the Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Highlighter (Full size, $12.75). I don't really love or hate this product; it's not great but it's not terrible either. It's a little too shimmery for daytime, especially if you're not wearing a full face of makeup, but it does have good staying power. 
  • I don't know if everyone would like the Harvey Prince Sincerely (Full 50 ml, $55) scent because it's a little strong and smells a tad like men's cologne but that's why I really like it. Sometimes women's fragrances can be too sweet or fruity, but this one isn't. It has notes of Freesia, Orange Flower, Moroccan Rose, Cedarwood, and Sandalwood (all listed in the info card that came with the sample).
  • The last product I received (and my favorite) is the Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lip and Cheek Stain in Starlet (Full-size, $22). The color is sort of burgundy like the matte lipstick I wore in a beauty look post recently, but it goes on really easily and has the look of a gloss or a matte lipstick if you blot it. I didn't know how it would look as a blush, but it blends really well and looked even better when I applied bronzer as well. 
What did you think of your Birchbox products this month? What subscription boxes do you get? Let me know in the comments section below. :)

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment