Sunday, April 19, 2015

Ipsy Unboxing! April 2015


I received my second Ipsy glam bag two days, and I'm finally getting the chance to share it. This is definitely my favorite Ipsy bag so far and one of the best of the boxes/bags I've received so far from either Birchbox or Ipsy.

The theme for April is "Beautifully Bohemian" so all of the products came in a tan woven-looking bag with different colored stripes across it. It's pretty adorable.


  • My first product is full-size--the Hikari Cosmetics Blush in "Tango", which is a really pretty coral-pink shade. I haven't used it yet, but the color looks really wearable for a lot of different skin tones. It's received good reviews on the Ipsy website, so I'm excited to use it. 
  • The Nude Dude Eyeshadow Single in "Fit" from theBalm Cosmetics is a mini version of the shadow that comes in the palette. It's a shimmery copper shade that can be used in either wet or dry. It comes in cute book-like packaging which makes it easy to stash in your makeup bag or purse. I've been really into nude shimmery eyeshadows since the weather started to warm up here in Tennessee so I'm sure I'll get some good use out of it.
  • I actually wore this next product under my makeup yesterday as a primer and I really, really liked it. It's the Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum by Hey Honey. When I applied it, my skin instantly looked brighter and smoother. Good stuff.
  • My fourth product is definitely the best fragrance sample I've ever received in terms of size. It's 8.8 ml and comes as a roll-on. The Jor'el Parker perfume in the scent Femina is what the name suggests--a very feminine scent. With notes of lemon, mandarin, vanilla and musk, it's really light and would be a good everyday fragrance, especially when you work in a conservative environment and don't want anything too strong. 
  • My last product is one that I'm not as sure about. I don't wear a lot of nude-colored lipglosses, which is what the Starlooks Satin Finish Lip Gloss in Cuddle is. It seems in a little sticky in the tube, but when I applied it on my lips they did feel hydrated. I think I may use this as a top coat over a nude lipstick if I want to add a little sheen to my lips. 
Overall, I'm really excited to play with my Ipsy bag this month! So far I'm really impressed with Ipsy, and I definitely think they give Birchbox a run for their money.

What did you think of your April Ipsy? Let me know with your comments below. :)

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment