Friday, January 9, 2015

Beauty Review: Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation and Concealer


I know this foundation and concealer duo has been on the market for a few months, but I was skeptical to try it because I typically don't really like Covergirl foundations. I need a lot of coverage when it comes to foundations and concealers and Covergirl hasn't done it for me in the past, so I typically stick to the products I've used for a long time, which is either Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation or bareMinerals. But I heard some good things about this foundation on Youtube so I decided to try it out and I was actually pleasantly surprised...

The packaging of this product is really adorable and very Covergirl. It's pink and pretty, so I can see why a lot of people have bought it. The foundation has a subtle smell, almost like sunscreen. The texture is a lot like sunscreen too. It's a liquid but as you smooth it out it evaporates really nicely. It didn't feel like I was wearing much of anything at all, which is awesome.

As far as coverage goes, it did what it said it would do according to the Covergirl website, which says the product provides "medium coverage to even skin tone and cover imperfections." Like I said, I need a lot of coverage, so obviously not all of my imperfections were disguised but the redness was gone and most of bumps and marks were covered with just one layer.

What I'm most impressed with is how well the foundation stayed on my face. After four hours it looked the same as when I first put it on. I did apply a face primer first but I didn't add powder afterward. So the staying power is definitely good. Also, it doesn't feel slimy on my face, like I'll get it all over my pillow if I decide to take a nap. It has a matte finish but it does look a little powdery on my face in some places, probably in areas where I didn't moisturize enough. But if you make sure you moisturize well before applying it, you should be good.

The concealer, truthfully, is not the best. It didn't cover the dark circles under my eyes well and the texture isn't great for covering blemishes. There are definitely better concealers on the market.

If you have good skin and it doesn't get dry easily, then the Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation is perfect for you. And even if your skin isn't perfect, this foundation is still really good for providing a little bit of coverage without caking on lots of makeup. I bought this foundation for around eight or nine dollars at CVS. The concealer was about eight dollars.

Have you tried the Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation? What new beauty products have you tried or do you want to try? Let me know in the comments section below! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment