Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My New Favorite Lipstick


Finding the perfect nude lipstick is a challenge. Usually what looks perfect in packaging turns out to be too dark, too light, too pink, or too orange. And while I like lip gloss or plain lip balm when I'm wearing little or no makeup, sometimes I want something that looks natural but better than my lips, something a little heavier than gloss.

I first discovered Milani lipstick on a whim and bought the shad Sweet Nectar, a bright red-orange color. With its creamy, easy-to-apply consistency and high-pigmented color it quickly became my favorite bright lipstick to wear. And while I like walking around with bright, almost neon lips, it doesn't always seem appropriate, especially in a retail environment where I'm trying to sell older, conservative women clothes.

So I decided to give the Milani lipstick in number 26 Nude Creme a try. The color is the perfect nude for my skin type, which is a light-medium shade with neutral undertones. The color is a brighter version of my natural lip color with a hint of gold and gives my normally slightly sallow skin a healthy glow. My favorite way to wear the lipstick is by first outlining and filling my lips with my NYX lipliner in Natural, applying the lipstick, dusting my lips with translucent powder for a matte finish and then applying another coat of lipstick.


Though this shade might not be the perfect "nude" lipstick, it's definitely a color I can see working for most skin colors.

What's your favorite lip product right now? Let me know in the comments section below! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment