Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February Favorites


It's hard to believe February has come and gone. It seems like we celebrated Valentine's Day only yesterday and Christmas last week. But before we get too far into March I wanted to share some of my favorite beauty products/clothing items/random things from February.
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo in Floral and Flirty Blush. I had been looking for a new dry shampoo to try and Marshall's had this baby on clearance for $5.99 . I haven't tried a lot of dry shampoos, but I think this one works pretty well. Sometimes I'll spray some of this into my clean hair for extra body and texture. Plus, the scent is so so good; it's floral without being too flowery (if that makes sense).
  • The next two products are moisturizers. The first is one that came as a sample in my January Birchbox, the Perlier Intensive Nurturing Body Balm in the scent Shea Lavender. I get more and more obsessed with this stuff every time I use it. I take a daily antibiotic to control acne and it leaves my skin, especially my hands, really dry. This is the only cream I've tried that has come close to keeping my cuticles decent looking and hydrated. The lavender scent is light, clean, almost powdery. When I run out, I will definitely buy the full size version from the Birchbox website.
  • My other favorite moisturizer is Ye Olde Vaseline Deep Moisture Creamy Formula Petroleum Jelly Cream. I have been using this stuff for almost six years. It's the only lotion my dermatologist lets me use on my face. It's heavy duty stuff but it doesn't clog pores, and the creamy formula is much easier and less messy to apply than regular Vaseline. I always appreciate this stuff more in the winter time, and lately I've been applying it every night before bed. It's also really reasonably priced. I get my 4.5 ounce bottle at Walmart for about four dollars. 
  • Apparently I've really been on a lavender kick lately because this favorite, like the Perlier Body Balm, is also lavender scented--Calgon Lavender Vanilla Fragrance Body Mist. I bought my mom a Calgon gift set for Christmas and the same body mist was in the set. I liked it so much I bought myself a full size version for about five bucks. Body mists always get the short end of the stick when compared to perfumes probably because bad ones smell too much like alcohol or the overall scent is too much. But the lavender vanilla mix of this spray is really nice, not too little and not too much.
  • I had been looking for a kimono to wear around my house for about two years when I finally spotted this Gilligan and O'malley floral one at Target. You would think kimonos would be a lot easier to find than they are considering every woman in every chick flick ever has a scene where they're trying to decide what to wear and they hold up different outfits while wearing their chic, silk kimonos. Well, my Target kimono is definitely not silk, but it's pretty, soft and makes me feel a little more dressed up when I'm lounging at home.
  • My grandmother has been wearing Clinique for years and she gets tons of samples, most of which she gives to my sister and me. One of the samples was two products in one--the Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara and the Different Lipstick in Glazed Berry. I HIGHLY recommend both of these products. The lipstick is the perfect balance of color and sheerness. It's hydrating and I can wear it with or without a face full of makeup and it looks good. The mascara really does make your lashes look longer and you can layer it without getting the dreaded spidery look. (I had that problem when I tried out the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in my latest Beauty Review.) I tried to find a version of this two-in-one on the Clinique website but I guess it only came in sample form...
So, what are your February favorites? Let me know know in the comments section if you've tried any of these products. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment