Saturday, February 28, 2015

Beauty Review: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


Yesterday beauty brand Benefit launched their newest mascara, Roller Lash. I work at a beauty supply store and when I worked my last shift I sold probably ten tubes of the brand's They're Real! mascara in the short four hours I was there so obviously Benefit is doing something right.

I'm a little late to the party however because the Roller Lash mascara was the first Benefit product I've ever tried, which is surprising even to me because I thought their adorable packaging (and cheeky product naming) would've tempted me long ago. But, though I love all things beauty, I have a hard time trying out more expensive products; most of the time I find myself regretting the splurge. But since so many people rave about Benefit mascara I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and try out the Roller Lash mascara. Here's my first impression...

What differentiates the Roller Lash mascara from other Benefit mascaras is the "patent-pending hook design" that "catches, lifts & curls." Basically you're supposed to not need an eyelash curler. While the brush does definitely does "hook" the lash well for length I don't think it curls as well as an eyelash curler. I tried to rotate the wand as I applied the product but that didn't seem to help too much. Also, when I tried to add more product to my lashes a second time, they started to stick together and look spidery. The formula itself began to clump as well. I found myself wiping the wand on the tube multiple times to get rid of excess product.

All of this being said, the mascara is by no means bad. In fact it's probably one of the more natural looking mascaras I've tried in years. It also stays pretty well. Though I have dark eyelashes myself I can see how the almost satin black finish would work well for women who want to give their lighter lashes natural length. But I've never been one for the natural look when it comes to mascara. I usually choose the darkest black available and don't shy away from curling the mess out of my lashes to get them really, really long.

Like other Benefit mascaras, the Roller Lash mascara is about $24. If you are already a fan of Benefit mascaras, go for it. Other reviews I have read suggest that this mascara will become a favorite like the others. If you're like me, however, and you would rather spend your money on other products (like an amazing foundation or the perfect lipstick), skip it.

So, are you a Benefit fan? What is your favorite mascara? Let me know in the comments section below! :)



No comments :

Post a Comment