Sunday, February 8, 2015

How I Feel About My January Birchbox...3 Weeks Later


My first beauty box this past December was a variety of products based on the profile I created on the Birchbox website. For January's box I decided to do something different and instead chose a guest-edited box called Relax & Recharge. It was between either that box and a fitness inspired box, but I've never been much of a physical, exercise-y kind of person; I'm definitely a couch potato. Plus, I saw on the website that the R&R box would include tea bags, and I'm a sucker for some good hot tea.

So here's the rundown on the six products I received...

  • The Perlier Intensive Body Balm with Lavender Extract smells really good, plus it seems really hydrating. Though the formula is fairly thick it goes on smoothly. Also, the sample size at one ounce was pretty generous and is perfect for carrying in my purse.
  • I liked the purple-red berry color of the Manna Kadar Lip Locked priming gloss stain, but I don't know if it is really a "stain." The consistency reminded me a little of NYX's matte lip cream but it didn't have the same staying power. The gloss part was nice, however; the product never felt goopy on my lips and didn't leave residue either.
  • I have yet to try out the Travelmate Sheet Mask. Only one came in the box (They're sold in sets of four.) and I want to save it for my next plane ride, the most notorious time to get dry skin. I'll let you know what it's like once I've tried it!
  • I'm probably not the best person to judge the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream. I don't really get dark circles under my eyes unless I'm really, really deprived (or maybe I just ignore them), and because I'm in my early twenties, fine lines aren't an issue for me yet. I did use the product a few times, however, and it did moisturize the areas around my eyes well. It's also 99 percent natural and has no distinguishable smell.
  • The product I was most excited to try, the Briogeo Don't Despair! Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask, was also the most disappointing. I have color-treated, frizzy hair and I'm always on the look out for a great conditioner or oil treatment. Perhaps I didn't use enough of the product on my thick hair the two times I used it, but the mask seemed to provide about the same amount of hydration a normal conditioner would. I left the product on for five minutes before rinsing, as stated in the instructions, but perhaps wrapping my hair in plastic wrap and leaving it on throughout the night would have done the trick. My favorite deep conditioner is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioner. It's literally magic in a bottle, plus it's affordable.
  • And last but not least, the Teapigs Tea Temples. The two teabags came in Chamomile and Licorice and Peppermint flavors. Chamomile is always a good go-tea for tea and, of course, it was delicious. I gave my mom the other tea bag. I'm not much into licorice, and she also likes hot tea.

So, do you get Birchbox or another beauty box? Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them (especially the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream) Let me know! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment