Friday, March 20, 2015

Ipsy Unboxing!


Finally! Yesterday my pink package arrived in the mail for the first time. After four months of waiting I was finally taken off the Ipsy waiting list. I think there are a few different ways you can get off the waiting list early (follow Ipsy on Instagram, follow Ipsy on Facebook, etc.) but I decided to take the long route to avoid having to post anything (Plus I don't have Instagram anyway.)

I had already peeked at my glam back on the Ipsy website, so I knew what I going to receive this month.


The theme for the bag is "Floral Fantasy" so all of my products came in very cute bright blue, and of course, floral bag.
  • One of the products I'm most excited to use and probably will get the most use out of is the Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush. From the get-go I could tell this is a quality brush. When I swatched the Pixi eyeshadow [I also received] the bristles felt really soft on my skin and no brush hairs came off. Fingers crossed after more use this brush will still hold up well!
  • I tried to take a photo of the Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Apricot Glow after I swatched it, but the colors are so light they don't show up well on camera. But in person the colors are really pretty, light, and very shimmery, which is perfect for spring and summer. The formula felt really smooth on my skin too.
  • I love, love, love NYX products. They're affordable, and often they're comparable to more expensive brands. As much as I love NYX, however, I have yet to try any of the NYX lipsticks. I like the matte lip creams and the lip liners a lot so I'm sure I'll enjoy my NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Hunk. The tube is more purple in person, and the color of the lipstick itself is fuchsia and moderately sheer. I think this lipstick will be good for layering as well as wearing by itself. I'm excited to try it.
  • The Coolway Glow Oil Treatment is a leave-in oil for hair. I always like a good hair product especially something that can help my dry hair during the cold months. You're supposed to use it before and after blow drying your hair, but I hardly ever blow dry my hair, so we'll see what happens.
  • My favorite skin products are ones like the Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. It doesn't matter your skin type or your age; anybody can appreciate something that gives you that being-in-a-spa feeling, even if it's for only ten minutes. I am wearing the eye gels right now and there's an awesome, cool sensation that makes me feel pampered and refreshed. Two pairs of the eye gels came in my Glam Bag.
So, what did you get in your Ipsy bag (or any beauty box) this month? If you subscribe to Birchbox, check out my February Birchbox post here. :)

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment