Friday, May 1, 2015

Beauty Reviews: Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion


I always admire people who have diligent beauty routines, especially when it comes to skin care. Though I do have a cleansing routine I follow when it comes to my face, I'm really lax when it comes to taking care of the rest of my body. I have an acne-reducing body wash I use, but I almost never moisturize afterward. The result? My skin is dry everywhere except for my face. So when I received a coupon for the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion in my spring Walmart Beauty Box I thought I would try it out. Anything that can potentially shorten my beauty routine (That's what they're advertising anyway.) and give me silkier skin in the process sounds like a winner to me.

Apparently this lotion has been around for some time, but recently they added some new versions: one with cocoa butter for normal to dry skin, one with shea butter for dry skin, and one with honey for normal to dry skin. I chose a happy medium in the shea butter version since my skin definitely isn't "normal" but it's not "very" dry either. I bought the product for a little less than six dollars, not including the one dollar off coupon I used. 

I applied the body lotion after I used my body wash, like the instructions stated. Because your skin is wet when you apply it, it goes on faster than a typical body lotion. You immediately rinse it off and don't have to wait for it to soak into your skin either. When I dried off my skin did feel softer, and when I woke up this morning my skin had retained that softness. It doesn't quite compare to the result of completely covering yourself with your favorite lotion, but I did save some time and  actually "moisturized," a pro to the product in itself.

My only con for the in-shower lotion? The lotion is so slick you have to clean your shower or bathtub immediately after using it, otherwise you have one big tripping hazard in your bathroom. 

Have you tried the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion? What are some your go-to products when you're in a rush? Let me know with your comments below!

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment