Sunday, May 10, 2015

How I Feel About My April Birchbox...3 Weeks Later


In the five months I've received my Birchbox I've never been disappointed. If the samples weren't very large, the products were always really unique, and I discovered a new, cool makeup or hair brand. If the samples weren't that out of the ordinary, there was always one product that was worth the price of the box. This month was a little different; most of the samples are really small, and I really only care for one of the products.

This the rundown on the products in my April Birchbox:
  • I'll start out with my favorite this month: the Jouer Lip and Cheek Tint in Petal. I had never tried a cream blush before, but I was really impressed with how well the product blended into my skin. You can easily layer it for a more intense look or just use a small dab for a soft flush. Though a lot of Birchbox samples are small, this one is particularly small, so we'll see how long it lasts.
  • I've been wanting to try Whish products for a while now, but I was disappointed in the Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream. It's supposed to be very moisturizing, but when comparing it to my usual   $3 shave cream I didn't notice much difference. I also didn't care much for the blueberry scent that smelled an awful lot like blueberry yogurt. I like blueberry yogurt, but I don't want to smell it when I'm in the shower.
  • My next two products are a duo: the Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo and Repairing Conditioner. Both products, when used together, are supposed to nourish and strengthen your hair. I only used these products once, so I can't say if they would or wouldn't "nourish" and "repair" over time, but one time wasn't enough to tell any difference. 
  • My last product is probably the most interesting one I received, the Wei Manuka Bee Venom Mask. An anti-aging treatment made with real purified manuka bee venom, the product works like any other topical mask. When I washed it off my face, my face felt tight and dry. The next morning, however, I did notice a significant difference in my skin; it was smoother and tighter. I haven't decided whether the uncomfortable tightness I felt in my skin afterward  is worth the result.
What did you think of your April Birchbox? Did you receive any of the same products this month? What do you like/dislike about them? Let me know with your comments below!

-Greer




No comments :

Post a Comment