Saturday, May 16, 2015

Ipsy Unboxing! May 2015


I am really excited about the products I received in my Glam bag today! Ipsy has yet to disappoint me, and I don't think this month will be any different. I received two cosmetic products this month, a cosmetic brush, a hair product and a skin care item. The items were a good mix of brands I like and brands I have yet to try.

The theme is "Jetsetter" so the bag design is travel-themed. It's canvas or canvas-like material with a picture of a lipstick and a cute saying printed on the front. It reminds me of something Benefit would give away at Ulta when you spend so much money on cosmetics, which is pretty cool since Benefit has some cool, cheeky ads.


  • The item I'm most excited about is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Ozone, which is clear. I have been needing a lip pencil for forever now. The sample also comes with little foil samples of the Revolution High-Color Lipgloss. I would have taken pictures of the lipgloss samples too, but at the time I didn't realize they were samples of the actual product, not just the colors. I'm glad I realized that before I threw away the packaging. Even though I've heard mixed reviews on the lip pencil, I'm always up to try something new!
  • My second product is a leave-in conditioner, the Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray. As much as I love hair products, I have a hard time finding ones that work on my thick hair, so usually they're a hit or a miss for me. 
  • I love that my Ipsy bag usually has at least one full size product, and this month's is the BellaPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Ebony. I already swatched the product on my hand and had a hard time washing it off with just soap and water, so I'm guessing the staying power is pretty good. I don't wear a lot of eyeliner (black, brown, or any other color), but I'm trying to experiment a little more, so maybe this eyeliner will help. 
  • I love, love, love the last cosmetic brush I received from Ipsy, so I'm sure I'll like the Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205. All of the bristles seem to be intact, so I don't think I'll have to worry about it shedding. My only complaint? It's very similar to the brush I received a couple of months ago. 
  • Between Birchbox, Ipsy, and the seasonal Walmart Beauty Box, I get a lot of skin products. Usually I feel so-so about them, but every once in a while I'll try something I love, like the Supergoop CC Cream that came in one of my Birchbox boxes a few months ago. I'm hoping that the Amie Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturizer will be one of those awesome products, especially since I have oily skin and I need all of the "matte-ness" I can get.
What did you think of the products in your Ipsy box? Do you have a beauty box subscription? Let me know with your comments below! :)

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment