Saturday, June 6, 2015

Beauty Bargains: The Best Buys from ELF Cosmetics

I'm sure no one has to tell you this, but beauty products are getting more and more expensive. While drugstore options used to be pretty cheap, the line dividing prestige and everything else is becoming blurred. At the same time drugstore brands, like L'Oreal and Covergirl, are staying up-to-date on the latest trends, like natural, nude eyeshadow colors and spidery lashes. Eyes lips face (more commonly referred to as ELF or e.l.f.) is one of those few brands that has managed to stay reasonably priced and trendy at the same time. If you haven't tried any e.l.f cosmetics or brushes, here are a few of my favorites to get you started. You'll want to stock up as soon as you take a look at those prices! 
  1. Makeup Remover Pen ($3) - I received one of these a few years ago for Christmas, and I still use it every so often when I need to clean up my eye makeup a little. This pen is especially good at polishing a cat eye that's a little messy. 
  2. Poreless Face Primer ($6) - I have tried my fair share of primers, from the more expensive BareEscentuals primers to the cheaper NYX versions, but the Poreless Face Primer from e.l.f. is still one of my favorites. It has a faint eucalyptus-like smell, which I don't really mind since I like medicinal smells. It comes out white but spreads evenly, creating a smooth surface for makeup application. 
  3. Makeup Mist & Set ($3) - This may not be the best setting spray, but at only 3 dollars, the one is a definite steal. I like to apply this spray before my makeup application right after priming and then after I put on my makeup to set it. It gives my makeup a more lived-in look. Sometimes I'll even apply it when I'm not wearing any makeup because it's cooling and smells great (Some of the ingredients are green tea and cucumber, so no wonder it smells good.).
  4. Essential Little Black Beauty Book - Eye Edition ($8) - This is not the exact same Little Black Beauty Book that I have, but any of the e.l.f. eyeshadow palettes are great. The palettes always have a great variety of colors and the wear is pretty good considering the price. To get the best wear out of the eyeshadows, apply a primer on your lids beforehand.
  5. Any cosmetic brush ($1-$6) - With high-end brushes costing anywhere between thirty and sixty dollars nowadays, it's nice to have cheaper options that can do the job. While a lot of inexpensive brushes tend to shed, e.l.f. brushes usually hold up well during application.
  6. Essential Eyelash Curler - e.l.f. has different options when it comes to eyelash curlers, but during a recent a beauty haul I took a chance and bought the least expensive one. I couldn't resist; it was a dollar! It gives a natural curl to the lashes, nothing too fancy, but when I'm not in the mood for mascara, this is my go-to tool. 
You can find e.l.f. products online at eyeslipsface.com and at stores like Target and Walmart. My local Target has an especially good selection of brushes. Do you have any favorite e.l.f cosmetics and tools? Have you tried the e.l.f. High Definition Powder? I bought it recently but have yet to try it. Let me know with your comments below! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment