Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ipsy Unboxing! June 2015


When I took inside my June Glam Bag online I was really excited for my samples. And when I actually received my the day before yesterday I was not disappointed. I was especially excited to see a sample from Smashbox and a fingernail polish, something I have to receive from either Ipsy or Birchbox.

The theme for this month is "Swim Into Beauty" so samples came in a black bag accented with a coral zipper. The material felt and looked a lot like neoprene which suits the swim theme. I've noticed that Ipsy subscribers are not feeling the bag this month, but I actually like that it's something different. Typically Ipsy bag are really bold or bright so I think the subtlety was a nice change.

  • I have been wanting to try the Smashbox Photo Foundation Primer for forever, so I'll definitely be trying out this product soon. Despite the fact that it looks like a decent size in the above picture, it's not really that big. I don't have a travel-size primer though, so it will definitely come in handy when I'm traveling.
  • The coral pink color of the Formula X Power Source nail color polish is so pretty and perfect for summer! Once I pick up some more fingernail polish remover from the store, I'm going to paint both my fingernails and toenails this color. The sample, like the Smashbox one, is tiny but I've never finished a bottle of polish before so that shouldn't be an issue. 
  • When I took my bag out of its pink package I immediately smelled cucumbers. That was a good sign because I love cucumber-scented lotions, cleansers, etc. The BeFine Cucumber Facial Mask is a cooling mask, and I love masks that tingle in a good way, so I probably will really enjoy it.
  • I feel like the NUXE Gentle Exfoliating Gel will be either a hit or a miss. Typically exfoliating products are a little too rough for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. But this was does have rose petals, so if anything it should smell de-lightful.
  • I haven't had a lot of look with eyeshadow markers and crayons, so I was pleasantly surprised when I tried out the tre'StiQue mini shadow crayon in Aspen Pine on my wrist. The color was a very pigmented forest green with flecks of gold shimmer, so I think it should work well with my hazel eyes. I think doing a smoky eye with this crayon on my eyelid and my bottom lash line would be really pretty for a night out. 
What did you receive in your Ipsy Glam Bag this month? Let me know! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment