Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beauty Review: Benefit's They're Real! Push-Up Eyeliner - New Colors!


Last Friday, June 26th, Benefit launched new colors for their signature They're Real! Push-Up Eyeliner and Mascara. I have yet to try the new mascara shades (Though I'm dying to get my hands on the blue one!), but I did get two of the eyeliners in Beyond Blue and Beyond Purple. If you've tried the original They're Real! Eyeliner and didn't care for it then the new colors probably won't do too much for you. The formula appears to be the same in every way. If you haven't tried They're Real! you should give it a shot. Some people swear by it and find the felt-tip applicator and gel formula to be the best out there. Others, like me, are a little challenged when it comes to using this thing. The first time I ever tried They're Real! I couldn't get any product to come out of the top. Come to find out you have to turn the bottom of the pen many times when first using it before the gel come to the top. And when the gel does come out, it looks a little funky. Am I supposed to wipe this off before using it? Is there too much product? Is there too little? Apparently a lot of people feel this way when first using They're Real!

All of that being said, the gel that comes in the pen has a lot of staying power. And the new colors are really beautiful. I particularly like the purple because it enhances my hazel eyes without looking clownish. 

Only on close inspection can you tell that the purple eyeliner is in fact purple, making this a fun but functional product for every age.

I am still getting the hang of the eyeliner so my cat eye tail is a little wonky in this photo, but I could've easily cleaned it up a little with some eye makeup remover. The most difficult part for me when applying eyeliner is getting the the product close to my lash line. It sometimes feels like my eyelashes are rebelling against the eyeliner, making it possible to create a smooth line. 

Overall, I think the new colors are awesome, perfect for summer and accessible for people who aren't used to a lot of color or want to try something new.

Have you tried any of the new Benefit They're Real! eyeliners or mascaras? Why do you like/dislike them? Let me know with your comments! :)

-Greer

No comments :

Post a Comment